Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Initial summer thoughts

Overall, I'd like to lose around 9 pounds before the summer. I don't mean this as a quick fix, but lose it and not claim it back. It's just over 4kg. I have 9 weeks left of the '12 weeks to clean' experiment; so this equals about a pound or half a kilo a week.

To lose a pound, you need to burn off 3,500 calories, so 500 a day. This is a challenge for me, as I already eat fairly healthy, but I need to change something for this to be viable. So, I am going to make my portions smaller, and eat more often to boost my metabolism. I also want to up my exercise to 6 times a week; 3 sessions will be half an hour runs, 1 will be an hour's dancing, and I hope to do one exercise class and one workout video at home.

My problem areas are my stomach and my legs (and my double chin too, but I doubt this will change!) I'm aiming to do enough cardio to lose the excess fat, and then once I have done this, I can work on toning and gaining muscles, as there's no point in having muscles if they're covered in a layer of flab!

SW : 58.5
GW1: 58
GW2: 57.5
GW3: 57
GW4: 56.5
GW5: 56
GW6: 55.5
GW7: 55
GW8: 54.5

UGW: 51

No comments:

Post a Comment