Saturday, 12 April 2014

Day 12 - midnight binge

Looking at my instagram posts, all I can see are carbs. I thought I was making wise choices, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Bad thoughts aside, today I had noticed a change in my body; my stomach, although not flat, did appear less bloated than usual. Maybe this was progress (it has been almost 5 weeks since I started running, and it is usually said that people notice a change in their own bodies after a month).

Today I attempted the third run in Week 5 of the Couch to 5k challenge, which meant running continuously for 20 minutes. Truth be told, I was petrified because I had only just managed to run for 8 minutes earlier in the week. But I managed to do it, I didn't even stop to tie up my shoelaces with 2 minutes to go.

After 15 minutes, the satisfaction far outweighs any struggle beforehand, and this high keeps me motivated to carry on until the end. Results keep me motivated, and feeling less breathless during the run shows a change that has occurred mentally and internally, even if physical results are yet to show.

What seemed to be a good day foodwise soon became embarrassing.

A breakfast of black grapes, apple and kiwi was followed by a midday snack of curly kale crisps. At about 4 I made homemade sushi using quinoa, and ate this with the rest of the wakame salad I had bought yesterday. This was so filling and delicious, and a lot healthy than normal sushi!

I was extremely tired and wanted to go to sleep at 6, but my mum warned that I'd find trouble sleeping for the whole night, so instead I opted for some peach white tea to boost my energy levels.

My stomach rumbled quite a lot, and what I had planned originally to be rice cakes with toppings turned out to be a full blown feast. First of all, I had 2 rice thins with cottage cheese and honey and another two with tahini and fig jam. My stomach felt a little uneasy eating this, but it was so delicious I had to carry on.

Regrettably, I was sitting downstairs in the kitchen trying to pass the time, so food was a lot more accessible. In addition the the rice cakes, I had some sweet popcorn from grazebox, and then a punnet of their bonnie wee oatbakes (which taste amazing as well).

I was only eating because I was bored and avoiding other things, not in the slightest because I was hungry. Now I feel so bloated and full!
The lesson is not to eat late, make sure to have a no carb craving before 6ish to avoid later binges.

No comments:

Post a Comment