Waking up at 7.30am, I felt fresh. I had friends over from last night, so I decided to make an English breakfast. Resisting the temptation of fresh baguette, my mother's homemade sundried tomato loaf and vegetarian sausages was hard; however, it was worth it as even after my breakfast I felt extremely full. My breakfast consisted of 2 pieces of smoked salmon, some mushrooms and 2 fried eggs in my attempt to eat more protein. I did have seconds and thirds of the mushrooms, but I think in total the breakfast must have come to no more than 500 calories.
As I had not been on a run this morning, I decided to go on a half hour walk with my dog. The fresh air is so lovely, I could not praise its effects more.
I was not hungry at all. I had activities between 3 and half 6, so thought I should have a snack beforehand as I knew I would get hungry later. So at 2pm I has 8 large strawberries while reading the newspaper, which were delicious.
Being a Sunday and having a friend round meant that today we had a barbecue. I love barbecues as they usually mean fish, roasted vegetables and lots and lots of salad! They also mean plenty of seconds usually! Today I had a very large tuna steak in teriyaki marinade, some roasted red peppers, curried onions and salad. I was rather good today as I only had seconds of the salad, even though it was difficult to resist as we were sitting and talking at the table, and I find myself always eating no matter what I'm doing at the table!
After dinner everyone had some of my mum's homemade pavlova, but I resisted. Instead, I busied my hands by preparing chia seed pudding for breakfast tomorrow.
To conclude, eggs really fill me up, probably because I am not used to eating them, and haven't for years because I just didn't like the taste. After dinner I felt the perfect level of full, I should definitely remember this in the future when considering taking seconds!
No comments:
Post a Comment