The last 2 days were bad. Really bad. If I have steered away from my goals so much in only half a week, I worry what could happen over the next 90 days. But today I vowed to get back on track.
First thing's first, I got out of bed at 7.10 for a run. Not the easiest to do, but I knew I that it would be difficult to do tomorrow as I'm going to a party tonight. As soon as I get outside, immediately I see the positive effects. The fresh air to me is like entering a swimming pool, a different world in which you feel free and invincible.
After my run, which consisted of: 5 mins warm up walk
3 mins run
1.5 min walk
5 min run
2.5 min walk
3 mins run
1.5 min walk
5 min run
5 min cool down walk
I had to get ready to teach and for going to London straight after, so I didn't have time for breakfast. I am a real advocate of eating breakfast everyday, so took some cottage cheese, pineapple and grated carrot mix to have on the train at 10 o'clock. I wasn't really hungry, and really didn't think I could have any carbs after yesterday's buffet, so this was a great light alternative but it still made me feel very full!
I didn't feel hungry for a long time; maybe this was just because my mind was occupied with walking and sightseeing, or maybe it was all the food from yesterday.
Anyways, everyone in the grohp we were with decided to have fastfood. As a two, we made the conscious decision to steer away from fast food and instead went to Wasabi, basically a japanese version of pret a manger or EAT, for lunch at 3pm. It took me ages to decide, as it does wherever I go, but here it took me a while to steer away from the hot food. It is delicious, I have had it many a time before, but I doubt the vegetable yakisoba and tofu katsu curry is much healthier than McDonald's.
It took a lot of willpower, but I managed to choose the mixed maki set, with 4 salmon rolls, 4 avocado rolls, then 6 larger rolls which also had crabmeat, tempura and fish smelt roe (I think it is called!). With two sachets of soy sauce and a small packet of wasabi, I felt satisfied, but not stuffed; the optimum level of fullness! There was no grubby fatness feeling, no salty aftertaste and I definitely had more energy to carry on walking. This is how all food should make one feel!
The 50 minute train journey back home traditionally consists of some form of eating to pass the time. My friend had never had a milkshake before, so we settled for these as they were more convenient to get than going via Soho for a bubble tea. Originally I thought I may resist, however I allowed myself to have a regular cookie milkshake (rather than a small) due to the day's walking and the fact I will not have dinner later.
All cookies bar three had Belgian chocolate chips in them, so I opted for salted caramel and pecan and flapjack flavours. They added vanilla ice cream and the outcome is absolutely divine and so moreish! I have given up cookies for lent, but allowed myself them as they were blended!
In the evening, my stomach was satisfied so I ate no more. However, I did go to a party and drank. A lot. I really need to stop drinking; I know how bad it is for your health and I don't want to damage my liver. Hopefully I can drink less or resist temptation and drink not at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment