I admit, it was a struggle to wake up; a warm bed and extra half hour of sleep are much more attractive than braving the cold and doing exercise. Nonetheless, I hadn't been on a run since Sunday, and I had to get moving if I wanted to complete my goal of running 3 times a week.
Previously a jogging virgin, 3 weeks ago I made the decision to take up running to improve my health, finally taking advantage of the 'couch to 5k' app, an initiative which is part of the government's Change4life campaign. So far I am on week 4, and struggle to run 5 mins without stopping; so I am still very sceptical about the claim that I should be able to run half an hour in just over a month's time. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
I started off with my usual porridge oats but today with coconut milk. I need to start having smaller portions, as I tend to feel incredibly full afterwards!
A break of red grapes and later an orange contributed to my 5 a day. Tomorrow I am going to bring just one portion of fruit as usually I just eat the second one out of habit, not at all due to hunger.
For lunch I had the same as yesterday with my protein intake coming from another quorn egg and some smoked salmon. I started to feel very hungry at about 4 despite drinking lots of water; maybe this was due to boredom?
A piece of salmon with a sweet chilli marinade, some cous cous, mushrooms with melted cheese and various vegetables made up my dinner. I didn't feel fully satisfied after this (but I thought I would wait for it to settle first).
Later on in the evening, I had a sweet craving so I made some flapjacks, inevitably eating the sweet, sugary mixture along the way. I did feel a tad bad after this, but I suppose it is a one off.
Waiting for the flapjacks to bake, which took a lot longer than expected, I did eat out of comfort and boredom; there were some sweet and sour vegetables left, so I warmed this up with some cous cous, and once finished continued to eat cous cous out the bowl. After this I did feel very guilty, so hopefully next time I will avoid this. Boredom and stress seem to influence me the most when it comes to making bad choices; I need to learn to control my emotions as it just leads to a downwards spiral.
I did try a piece (and a half) of the flapjack, but hopefully I will be back on track tomorrow. I suppose it gives me not to go for a run tomorrow morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment