Friday, 11 April 2014

Day 10 - realisation

All I can think about is yesterday; I started off so well, but as the day went on it just got worse and worse. Just thinking about my binge in the evening makes me feel disgusted with myself (5 slices of pizza and about 9 or 10 mojitos and Pimms and lemonades). I'm not even supposed to be drinking fizzy drinks because of my braces!
At least I didn't go for a kebab last night on the way back, I was so tempted, but thank god I fell asleep in the car and went straight to bed when I got back.

I am trying to think of ways to avoid something like yesterday happen again ; I think it might have been the breakfast of pancakes that my body is not used to. Also, my lunch was not so filling (just some fruit), so my body might have felt it needed to compensate later. I need to work harder to resist temptation, that just because food is there I shouldn't always take it.

And now today all I can feel is anger, everything is frustrating me. So many things are going wrong today and I'm just blaming others, when in reality it is all my fault.

So this morning I didn't go for a run, and as a detox from the day before I had an apple, kiwi and some black grapes for breakfast. Pretty soon after, I did feel slightly hungry, but I didn't eat lunch until 4 because I was out with friends.

For lunch, we went to Carluccio's; we ordered some sharing platters for starters, but I avoided the brunschetta and olives and just had 6 calamari rings.

For main, there was little choice. Mostly pasta and a lot of meat, the salads weren't particularly healthy and the fish dishes were very expensive. I settled for Penne Giardiniera, which consisted of large penne tubes, not really in a sauce but with courgettes, chilli and garlic. On top there were fried spinach and parmesan balls, notably delicious, and I also have graten parmesan on top (who doesn't?!)

We were having desserts, and since I have given up chocolate and cake for lent I only had one option which was ice cream. I decided on the Affogato, which is the sweet treat I usually choose when going to Italian restaurants. It consisted of 3 scoops of delicious vanilla gelato served with a shot of espresso. I usually only drink iced lattes with syrup as I find the taste of black coffee too strong, but the ice cream makes the coffee creamy enough to enjoy.

After this meal, I felt satisfied but not at all stuffed. I've found this to be the case when I've been out a lot recently, which I think is probably down to wiser food choices. I feel like I need to apply my eating habits to every situation - not just when I'm at home and cooking for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment