Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Day 18 - fasting

Today I was fasting as it is Good Friday, which means that I am allowed one meal and two libations (snacks) only. I did the same about 7 weeks ago for Ash Wednesday, but I only had one libation as I felt ill and spent the evening sleeping, so I was not too worried about today.

I woke up late, 9.30, which I honestly hate doing as it sets me up for a bad day and I rarely get the things I need to done. I managed to busy myself for the morning, so did not have my first libation until 1 in the afternoon, and this was a fruit bowl consisting of a pear, some black grapes and some blueberries.

At about 3 I had lunch/dinner, which was a cod stew with tomatoes, lentils, garlic, Italian herbs and spinach. I really love this dish, it is so filling and full of good nutrients. For a side, I had four baby corns.

I then spent 5 hours cooking cakes - 8 lamb and rabbit shapes Madeira cakes. These were not for me, but for family and friends as Easter gifts. Although I have given up cakes and chocolate for lent, I thought I would make a little exception. I had the smallest offcut of cake, and drizzled a little melted white chocolate on top. How I wish I had not!! I felt so sick afterwards! I think this was because it was so sick and I had avoided such things for 7 weeks. Whatever it was, I am permenantly put off chocolate!

I hope by eating clean (and subsequently losing weight) that I will manage to lose some weight on my face. Whenever I look down, I feel my neck/chin and it is so comfortable. I doubt there are specific chin target exercises, so I just need to pray for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment