Monday, 7 April 2014

Day 7 - when one wants a kebab

Last night I set my alarm to 6.30am; I didn't manage to get out of bed until 6.50, however I went on a run as I thought this was more important than doing my make up before leaving at 7.45. It was raining, only lightly, but this still put me off going outside. What if it gets worse? Won't I get a cold? Will I damage my phone? Nonetheless, I forced myself to go for a run.

Today was the first day of week 5 of the Couch to 5k challenge, meaning three 5 minute runs. Yes, it got more difficult as time passed, and the rain worsened, but by the third run it had started to get easier. I realised that this was more of a mental challenge than a physical one, and just listened to my music and made sure my feet didn't stop moving.

Once I had returned, I wasn't as tired as I had been previously, which definitely lifted my mood. It wasn't until I returned home at 9 that I had breakfast, half of my Chia seed pudding I prepared last night. I wasn't really hungry, as I had been drinking a lot of water, but I ate nonetheless as I never like to skip meals.

About 10.30, my stomach was rumbling already, which probably meant I didn't have enough for breakfast. I'm a really advocate of listening to your body, so I planned to have a snack of melon once I had returned from the dentist to boost my metabolism and fill my body with nutrients before the 2pm fruit allowance cut-off time.

I wasn't hungry when I got back, so I just waited until Lunch to eat. There were some leftovers from yesterday's barbecue, so I had a Linda McCartney vegetarian sausage (which FYI are so delicious!), some tuna steak in teriyaki marinade, roasted peppers and curried onions. This made up my protein, so to go with it I had salad with tomatoes, cucumber and chives, and also some sweet corn and avocado. Very filling and very delicious!!

In the evening, I was at my boyfriend's house for dinner; he always eats carbs and fairly unhealthy food. However I managed to persuade him for us to make something not too bad, butternut squash and ricotta lasagne. There was a lot of cheese, however I did not have seconds and had salad with cherry tomatoes and feta cheese on the side. Eating slowly, it was very filling.

For dessert, I had some natural frozen yogurt, which was about 100 calories. It was tasty and satisfied my sweet cravings (although I refused figs as it was a lot later in the day - maybe about 7.30pm). I felt so bloated afterwards, this is the affect of white carbs!!!

I went to a party in the evening. I only had a small bit of salty caramel popcorn vodka, I wasn't really up for drinking. Immediately I felt hungry and wanted a kebab! I was searching everywhere for some savoury snacks which were not crisps (which I have given up for lent), but none were found. In hindsight, I am very grateful as I was only eating because I was bored/that is the effect on my body of alcohol.

The lesson is: don't feel pressured to drink just because you go out. If you don't want to, there is no one telling you you have to. Also, avoid midnight munchies by going straight to bed and sleeping- you won't remember the feeling of hunger in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment