Wednesday, 2 April 2014

Day 1- 01/02/2014

For some reason I didn't sleep well last night- I kept waking up and thinking it was time to get up, but then when the time came to go for a run, I felt too tired and comfortable in my bed to go. So, a bit of a bad start. This means I must go tomorrow. Also, I was rather thirsty, so I should prepare to have a glass of water my by bed for the morning.

So I started off the day with the usual- porridge oats- which I eat while on the bus. I felt rather full afterwards. Gradually, I think it would be good to decrease my porridge intake and introduce some fruit into my breakfast regime.

It's usually about 3.5 hours later that I have a snack, always fruit. I have a bit of an addiction to grapes; they're just so easy to eat and transport and are undeniably tasty! Today I added a plum to my usual portion of red grapes.

For lunch, I had a salad with tomato, cucumber, chives, yellow pepper, smoked salmon and a quorn egg. I find that some sort of protein helps to keep me full until dinner, and as I do not eat meat I find the best way to get this is from fish, quorn, an egg or beans. After lunch, I felt rather full, but still ate my pot of orange as part of my quest to consume fruit of the day before 2pm, and because I wasn't eating dinner until much later than usual and wanted to avoid snacking in between.

It did take a lot of willpower not to snack once I had got home. My mum had made sweet and sour vegetables, and it looked so good! But I persuaded myself that I had plenty to do before I went out, that I was short on time as it was. This managed to work and I soon forgot about the food my mum had made.

For dinner, I was going out for a friend's surprise birthday to Prezzo, an Italian chain restaurant. The menu consists of mostly pizza and pasta, and I decides to go for the latter as I rarely eat pasta nowadays but it is one of my favourite foods (instead, I use a sprilizer to create zucchini and carrot noodles :3). I had spaghetti with king prawns in a chilli, tomato and garlic sauce. It was fairly tasty, not mind -blowing, and came in at just under 500 calories. Not bad. I did have extra cheese too as didn't want to feel as though I was restricting myself.

It was difficult not to order dessert while everyone else was eating their cake (giant cupcake made by myself- picture below)- especially as the remainders had been placed right in front of me! However, I felt good afterwards for resisting.

Once I had returned home, I didn't feel 'full' as such, a feeling I have become too accustomed to in the past couple of months. I went straight upstairs to avoid picking at any food easily available. With time, I started to feel more and more bloated, which I assume is from the wheat or gluten in the spaghetti. So I'm glad I didn't have dessert!

All in all, a fairly successful day food wise, though I should avoid wheat and carbohydrates as they do make me bloated even if I haven't consumed that many! Also, I definitely think it is a good idea to avoid desserts when possible; they are so addictive and unnecessary if one has had a satisfying dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment